Wednesday 15 August 2012

We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together by Taylor Swift



Song: We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together
Artist: Taylor Swift
Album: Red

So Taylor Swift's new song "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" was premiered in the live chat she did last night (at 12pm here, yes I stayed up to watch it, yes it was worth it) and I personally am in love with it. I think it's a great song that just makes you want to dance to it and I loved it so much, within about 12 hours of hearing it I'd recorded a cover version of it ready to upload to YouTube (which will be linked below for anyone that wants to see it).

It surprised me on twitter how many people didn't like it or said that it 'isn't really Taylor' and 'isn't country enough' but the way I see it is she's growing as an artists and us, as her fans, should let her do that. I'm sure there will be loads of songs on the album that are more country and more like her old stuff but I like the fact that she isn't afraid to branch out and try something new. She isn't getting rid of her old sound, just developing it so her fan base grows even more. I think she's the perfect balance between country and pop and I think to be honest, she could sing anything and I'd still find it amazing purely because she's got such a good way of writing her songs in such a way that you can't help but listen to them on an endless repeat.

In my opinion it's an amazing song and I can't wait to hear the rest of the songs on her album Red that comes out on 22nd October 2012.


This is my cover of the song. If you could let me know what you think of it I'd be really grateful :)


No comments:

Post a Comment