Sunday 19 August 2012

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

Title: The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight
Author: Jennifer E. Smith
215 Pages

Rating: 5/5

I loved this book. I'd heard a lot about it and it seemed that people either loved it or hated it so I thought I'd give it a go. I read it in about 2 days and the only reason I didn't read it quicker is because I was doing other things. It seems like the kind of book that could quite easily be read in one sitting. It was just generally lovely and the whole idea that that could actually happen to someone is so sweet.

Hadley's in the airport on the way to her Dad's wedding and it seems as though everything is going to go wrong. She missed her flight by four minutes and her Dad is marrying a girl she's never met before in only a few hours. It seems as though things are just going to keep getting worse until she meets Oliver, a cute, British guy who just so happens to be on her new flight. The novel is set over 24 hours and follows Hadley as she falls for Oliver and navigates her way through the wedding she is expecting to be hell.

*SPOILERS* Okay, so one of my favourite things about this book was the little things that Hadley and Oliver share that makes them fall for each other so quickly. Like I love the fact she tells him about her claustrophobia as soon as they meet and they're totally not afraid to be themselves with each other. I have to say though, I think my favourite thing was the fact he won't tell her what he's studying. I love on the last few pages where they're talking and she asks again what he's studying and he replies with 'the statistical probability of love at first sight'. I thought it was a really lovely way for the title of the book to link in and although I know that was probably why it was called that, it made me think that there couldn't have been a better title for the book. *END OF SPOILERS*

Books like this and Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins are starting to make me fall in love with romance type books. I thought it was an adorable book and would 100% recommend it, especially as a summer read. It would be perfect to read in an airport or on a flight and it's only small so would be easy to carry around too. I think infact reading it in an airport would probably add to the atmosphere of the book so if you're looking for a holiday book, look no further.

No comments:

Post a Comment