Tuesday 7 August 2012

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Title: Anna and the French Kiss
Author: Stephanie Perkins
372 Pages

Rating: 5/5

I thought this book was absolutely adorable. I read it while I was on holiday and I think that added to it but I think it's a perfect summer read.

Anna is a high school student who is perfectly happy with her life in Atlanta. She has the perfect best friend and a crush on a guy who seems to like her back. Everything seems to be going well until her father decides to send her to boarding school in Paris, despite the fact she can't speak a word of French. The book follows Anna on her adventures in Paris and all the friends she makes along the way, including Etienne St. Clair, a gorgeous boy with an English accent. The books follows the development in the relationship between St Clair and Anna but will it all end the way she hopes?

*SPOILERS* I loved the whole relationship between Anna and St Clair and I found myself wanting them to get together before either of them even showed an interest in each other. From the moment Anna met him walking out of Meredith's room on the first day I found myself wanting them to tell each other how they felt. I have to say, one of my favourite moments in the book is when they are on the plane on the way home for Christmas and St. Clair asks the person next to Anna to move because he wants to sit next to his 'pregnant girlfriend.' I found myself actually laughing out loud at certain bits like that. *END OF SPOILERS*

This book is a fantastic read for anyone that likes a bit of Chick Lit every now and then. I don't usually like really girly books so wasn't sure if I would like it or not but I loved it. I read it in about a day and didn't want to ever put it down. Definitely one of my favourite books this year and I will definitely be buying Lola and the Boy Next Door next time I buy books.

No comments:

Post a Comment