Sunday 2 December 2012

Out of Sight, Out of Time by Ally Carter

Title: Out of Sight, Out of Time
Author: Ally Carter
323 Pages

This is book five in the Gallagher Girls Series

Rating 4.5/5

I read the other Gallagher Girls books last summer after getting one of them free with a magazine and I fell in love with them, so when I saw this one a few months ago I had to buy it. I didn't get around to reading it until this week but I finished it in about 3 days, despite the fact I seem to be reading slowly at the moment. It's an amazing book and it reminded me of how much I loved the first 4 so I plan to go back and re-read them sometime next year!

This series focuses on a girl named Cammie Morgan who goes to the Gallagher Academy, a school which to the outside world is for 'exceptional young women' but to the people in the know is a school for training spies. When this book begins Cammie wakes up in a convent in Austria with no memory of how or why she got there. She soon learns that it is October, yet she can not remember anything past June. The novel follows Cammie and her friends Bex, Liz, Macey and Zach, along with her Mother and Aunt as they try to piece together the few clues they have and help Cammie remember her summer. But is remembering the summer the right thing to do or are there parts that are better left forgotten?

*SPOILERS* I have to say, at the beginning of the book I was a little confused as to what was going on when Cammie woke up in the convent but not in a bad way. I found that that confusion just made the reader feel a similar confusion as Cammie was meant to be feeling in that moment, as neither had any idea what had lead up to this moment. I found the music in Cammie's head was really clever, however all through the book I found myself thinking that it was obvious that this was going to be something key to her remembering something. Other than that, everything in the book was totally unexpected, especially the bit where they are at the castle in Ireland and Zach's mother turns up. Also, the ending where Dr Steve manages to hypnotize her into almost jumping off the roof and the fact that he turns out to be working against her I found was very clever. *END OF SPOILERS*

I would recommend this book to anyone who's a fan of YA. It's probably more of a girls book than a boys book but I still think it could be enjoyed by either. The other books in the series do need to be read first in order to understand a few little sections but it is well worth the time! I loved this book and I can't wait for book 6 to come out!


No comments:

Post a Comment