Monday 3 September 2012

Insurgent by Veronica Roth

Title: Insurgent
Author: Veronica Roth
525 Pages

Rating: 5/5

To see my review of Divergent click here

I absolutely loved this book. I actually find it difficult putting into words how good it is! For the last 250 pages particularly I just couldn't put it down! I've seen some reviews say that they felt the same story could have been portrayed in less words but I disagree. I feel like everything that was in this book was there for a reason and I don't think the story as a whole would make as much as an impact if any of it was missing.

*Divergent spoilers from here on*

Tris has managed to survive an attack on Abnegation, her former faction, and has escaped from the Erudite leaders, all while avoiding being put under simulation. But for how much longer can she run from Erudite? Insurgent follows Tris and Tobias in their attempts to save the people of the remaining factions and bring down the Erudite leader, but will they succeed?

*SPOILERS* I loved how the factionless were used throughout the book. I liked the fact that they always seemed to be there in the back ground and just as you forget about them being there a little they appear. I absolutely loved the ending too. I thought the last 3 pages or so were perfect and the whole idea is amazing. The fact that the book ends with them finding out what's outside 'the fence' just left me wanting to read the next book in the series straight away! I also thought the whole idea that there is a 'normal' world outside of the world we've learnt about in Divergent and Insurgent leaves the plot of the next book open to almost anything. I can't wait to discover whether they will venture outside of the gate and explore the world that they know nothing of or whether they will stay inside and try to fix some of the mess that Erudite created in this war. As soon as the next book comes out, I will be buying it! *END OF SPOILERS*

Overall, I loved this book so much and would definitely recommend reading this and Divergent. One of my favourite books I've read this year and I have read a lot of good books this year!

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I came across your blog by accident, but I have to say what a beautiful voice you have! I also see that you have a book obsession, I know the feeling :) I followed you, it would mean so so much for you to follow my blog back! It's going to be filled with book related everything :D

    http://emilyreadsit.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :)I definitely do have a book obsession, reading and music are the two things I can't live without! :) I love talking about the books I've read as well so I thought I'd start a blog about it! I followed you back, thank you for following me! :)

      Delete