Saturday 2 August 2014

Summer

I love winter. I love Christmas and fairy lights and the type of weather where it's so cold you can see your breath yet it's still sunny. But because of that I always forget how much I love summer. I only seem to remember feeling too hot and being uncomfortable because it's so hot when summer is over, but the last week or so has reminded me what I love about summer.

Summer to me is going down the beach every day with friends that I see about twice over the course of the rest of the year and the fact that it doesn't matter that we've not seen each other for six months, we just pick up from where we left off.

Summer to me is spending the days at the beach, the evenings playing pool with my friends and then waking up to do the same thing the next day without getting bored of it.

Summer to me is walking a minimum of 5 miles a day to get to the beach and back and not even noticing.

While it's very easy for me to remember the exciting things that happen every December, I forget what happens in July. I forget just how much I love the friends that I rarely see outside of July, with the exception of August, and I forget how much I love having a beach within walking distance, no matter how far that walking distance is.

But I've remembered now, at least for a little while.

Lucy x

This has sort of followed the style of the 'Letters To July' series by Emily Diana Ruth. If you don't know what I mean click here to watch some of them on YouTube, they're beautiful and definitely worth your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment