Friday 2 May 2014

Days Like These by Dave Giles - A Ukulele Cover

If you've not watched my latest YouTube video yet I thought I'd do a quick little post updating you!



My latest video is a cover of 'Days Like These', a truly lovely song that never fails to make me smile by a wonderful musician, Dave Giles. I've wanted to cover a song of Dave's ever since I became a fan of his after seeing him perform live on the Upload 2 Tour last year (since which I've seen him live another time) but decided to take a while to decide on the right one and I thought this was it!

I love this song and I thought the sweet, summery tone to it would sound lovely with a ukulele, so that's what I did! I'm going to see Dave Giles perform live in a few weeks at the Cardiff date of the Upload 3 Tour which he is doing alongside his friends Bribry, Luke Cutforth and Emma Blackery. If you've not got tickets yet you really should, the last time I saw these guys live they definitely did not disappoint and I'm definitely excited to see how it's different with Emma Blackery in the mix!

Let me know what you think of my cover and if you like it, don't be afraid to tell me or share it! It means the world.

Lucy x

No comments:

Post a Comment